lawn mower repair
Repair And Maintain Your Lawn mower Properly
Gardening can be done by any one irrespective of age, region or any other discrimination. Nearly every gardener has some type of gardening equipment. In fact, its nearly impossible to have a garden without used gardening equipment.
Lawn mowers are machines that are meant to last. Even the most cost-effective brands can last up to 10 years while costlier ones can last twice the maximum amount.
However, owners got to maintain them well so as to stay the mowers running smoothly for an extended time. Below are some recommendations on how you’ll look out of and maintain your mower.
1. Keep your blades sharp – sharp blades in lawn mowers are a gardener’s delight. Not only do they cut the grass cleanly, but they also keep the grass healthy due to the clean-cut. Blades typically become dull after a month or two of normal use. they ought to, therefore, be taken out of the mower (making sure that it’s turned off before doing anything) and filed to form them sharp again.
2. Replace or clean your air cleaner – motorized mowers are usually equipped with air filters.
In time, they get clogged then they ought to get replaced or cleaned counting on the fabric they’re made from. Generally, paper filters are meant to be thrown away while those made from foam should simply be cleaned.
3. Remember to check the spark plug(s) for corrosion and wear. Don’t attempt to clean the spark plug if it is showing some wear. It is cheap and easy to replace the spark plug. Be sure to remove any debris before removing the spark plug and by using a bit of anti-seize compound when you replace the old spark plug, you will ensure easier removal next year. Clean and lubricate the throttle linkages and the choke, and apply grease to the mower deck and all the fittings.
4. Use the proper quite oil – oil is required by motorized mowers to stay the engine lubricated. The oil in your lawn mower lubricates the engine. Be sure you read the operating instructions on the type and amount of oil your mower uses. The proper quite gasoline should be bought to avoid destroying the engine.
5. Keep the tires well-inflated – well-inflated tires keep mowers running evenly, especially within the case of the ride-on variety. The tire pressure should therefore, be checked whenever before operating the mower.
6. Clean the battery terminals and replace your old lawn mower battery if necessary.
When mowing season is over, there are certain steps to properly store your lawn mower for the winter. It is advisable to remove the oil and gas, and clean the exterior.
using lawn mower
How to Properly Mow the Lawn
Mowing one’s lawn has somewhat become an art of sorts.
While others may prefer to simply mow their way along the grass and disrespect what happens, properly mowing the lawn is vital especially keep the grass and therefore the ground healthy.
Want some recommendations on the way to do that? Well here are a number of them.
Before mowing your lawn, remove rocks and sticks which will get within the way. Doing this prevents the materials from getting hurled by the mower.
Keep your lawn healthy by not cutting the grass too
short. Generally, leave half of an inch of grass sticking out of the ground.
If you discover the activity of mowing your lawn as
something therapeutic, try to not be overeager about it.
You actually don’t need to cut the grass every week; just cut it when the grass begins to seem too unkempt. Offer your grass time to grow and they surely will grow healthy.
Don’t throw the cut grass away. While it’s going to seem that it helps keep your lawn looking neat and tidy, you ought to keep it on top of the grass.
Once the cut grass decomposes, it’ll act as mulch or fertilizer for your lawn.
Finally, attempt to keep your mowing pattern as varied as possible whenever you are doing this activity. It keeps the growth of your grass straight.
Using Lawn mower Safely
A lawn mower is fitted with sharp blades so as to chop grass cleanly and evenly. And since there are sharp objects involved, safety concerns accompany using this machine.
Here are some recommendations on how you’ll use your lawn mower safely.
– mowers, the motorized types especially, can hurl
debris like rocks with tremendous force. That’s why people should steer beyond it when it’s operational.
– there are other injuries caused by touching hot surfaces of the lawnmower. People should, therefore, avoid coming into contact with a mower’s surface when it’s getting used or right after it’s been put into use.
– believe it or not, people also are injured by their
mowers once they tried to service the mower without turning the machine off. This isn’t only irresponsible, this is often plainly stupid.
– as mentioned earlier, the blades of mowers are extremely sharp so people should take care when handling them or replacing them.
– running a mower over feet and hands is another explanation for lawn mower-related injuries. People operating this machine must avoid mowing where there are people or a minimum of telling the people to maneuver away while gardeners do their job.